Social Design Principles
Posted by Girish Krishnan on July 25, 2007
Here are some Insights into Designing a social Network
- Aggregate displays are a primary element of social design.
- Predicting what will happen in social influenced situations is impossible.
- But Early arrivers have a surprisingly high influence on the followers.
- Early leaders tend to stay in the lead simply because people see they are leading and are influenced by it.
- Even A-Listers drop like a rock if they don’t continue to post and get linked to!
- Much of the success in social systems is based on that most horrible of reasons…luck.
If you would like to read more on Social Networking Design Principles, check out http://www.bokardo.com